- Who owns Upstate Niagara Cooperative?
Upstate Niagara Cooperative, Inc., is owned by over 360 dairy farming families. Our farmers' high-quality milk supply allows us to produce fresh, delicious, award-winning products.
- When was the Cooperative founded?
In the late 1930’s, a series of mergers of local area farms in smaller cooperatives began to occur, expanding over the years to eventually result in the formation of Upstate Niagara Cooperative in 2006.
- What products does Upstate Niagara Cooperative manufacture?
We market a wide variety of dairy products including milk, flavored milk, yogurt, refrigerated dip, sour cream, cottage cheese and ice cream mix.
- How far-reaching is Upstate Niagara's product distribution?
All of our products are distributed throughout New York and Pennsylvania. The Upstate Farms brand of yogurt is distributed nationally and can be found in all 50 states.
- Does Upstate Niagara provide dairy products for private labeling and have co-packing capabilities?
Yes. Even if you don’t see the Upstate Farms logo, many of your favorite retailer brands are using our Cooperative’s dairy products. We also offer co-packing programs for companies looking to partner and tap into our manufacturing and packaging capabilities.
- How do you ensure that your dairy products stay fresh?
Our wide network of distribution means that once milk leaves the farm, it can show up on store shelves in 2-3 days. What’s more, Upstate Farms yogurt has the longest lasting shelf life in the country.
- Are your products gluten-free?
Yes. All dairy products are naturally gluten-free.
- Is your milk supply rBST-free?
Yes. Our entire milk supply is rBST-free.
- How committed is Upstate Niagara to cow care and animal well-being?
Our farms are more committed to cow care now than ever. We are members of several trade councils that work toward improving animal care, including the NMPF Animal Health & Well-Being Committee, Farmers Assuring Responsible Management (FARM) and the New York State Cattle Health Assurance Program (NYSCHAP).
- What about the safety of those working in your plants?
Employee safety has been and will remain one of our top priorities at Upstate Niagara Cooperative, Inc.
- Do you provide organic products?
We do. Upstate Niagara’s organic fluid and cultured products are made from the milk supply of our own USDA certified organic farmer-owners. On organic dairy farms, the cows eat only grass and certified-organic feed, so consumers who wish to avoid GMOs can choose certified-organic dairy foods.